The value creation thesis and core theme of Emerisque Brands’ investments is to acquire and help move the centre of gravity of established, medium-sized Western consumer and vertical retail brands strategically towards the positive momentum of growth markets, channels and categories (whilst optimising in mature markets, channels and categories).
Emerisque Brands is product agnostic.
Growth markets for investee brands generally include emerging consumer markets such as China, India and the Middle East and established markets that may present specific mid-term opportunities.
Growth channels transcend geography and may include multi-channel digital commerce, franchising, licensing, travel retail, factory outlets, provincial retail and others.
Emerisque Ventures makes minority investments in early stage companies within the consumer/retail vertical that embrace disruptive change. It aims to bring the group’s proven sector experience to bear for the benefit of investee companies.
Emerisque Ventures seeks to capitalise on disruptive changes such as:
● The emerging dominance of all forms of digital commerce
● The increasing impact of artificial and other intelligence on traditional supply chains
● Evolving consumption habits of global Millennials
● New emphasis on curation, community and connection to build brands
● The tilt of market consumption share from mature to emerging economies
Emerisque is unique in its approach to investing in the consumer/retail world and the depth of real execution support that it provides to investee businesses.